Tuesday, December 22, 2009

My face always feels red and sore after riding my horses, any suggestions of good creams?

I have 2 horses and ride alot, my face is always red and blotchy after and feels sore. I have tried some creams %26amp; i have heard wearing foundation over the top of your face cream when going down the yard. I have tried this a few times and my face does not feel as sore after, any suggestions.My face always feels red and sore after riding my horses, any suggestions of good creams?
Vaseline intensive care with aloe vera is good. It's very light and not very expensive. You can pick it up at your local supermarket.My face always feels red and sore after riding my horses, any suggestions of good creams?
Go to boots and get some of their Expert Instant Soothing lotion.


Its just a moisturiser and its not expensive!


Slap it on before you ride and it helps to stop your skin drying out in the wind while your riding and at the yard.


My lady used to have the same problem. Now she uses it all the time. Not just for riding.


She says it works for her.
I used to have a weather stick, like skiiers have when I was riding for this very reason.


Try Boots or any pharmacy and look near the suncream.


Also, make sure that your hat has a decent peak as it will shield you a bit
I ride a horse too--I apply vaseline right out of the jar over my clean washed face and neck and ears. Next I put on suntan lotion, especially if the sun is shining. My face gets so chapped from the cold and wind--so do my hands. Vaseline really helps me.





Ointment moisturizers work by trapping moisture in the skin, but they have the greasy consistency and feel of Vaseline Petroleum Jelly. People often shy away from using them because of the greasy feel, but this can be reduced by applying a small amount and rubbing it into the skin well.





Examples of effective ointment moisturizers include Aquaphor and plain Vaseline Petroleum Jelly.


Even Crisco vegetable shortening, can be used as very inexpensive body moisturizers. Again, the key to using an ointment is to apply small amounts and rub it in well.





Oil moisturizers are less greasy but still effective. Examples of oils that can be applied directly to the skin include baby oil, mineral oil, vegetable oil, and olive oil.





Cream moisturizers are usually white and disappear when rubbed into the skin without leaving a greasy feel. As a result they tend to be more popular than ointments. Examples of effective cream moisturizers include Original Eucerin Cream, Aquaphilic, Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream, Vaseline Cream, Eutra/Elta, Nutraderm, Moisturel, Nivea, Nutraplus, and Neutrogena Hand Cream (especially helpful for dry, chapped hands).





I don't always wear makeup to the barn and haven't scared any of the horses yet. LOL. But I do manage to go home with dirt on my face, horse hair or horse sweat on my clothes, and po*ps on my boots. Love It.





Try facials once or twice a week to add moisture to your skin. I mix small amount of warm water (or milk) and quick cooking oatmeal until it is soft paste. Then stir in 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Apply to your face for about 10-15 minutes. Rinse with warm water and apply alcohol free aloe when your face is still damp. Apply another moisturizer in about 10 minutes. Good Luck. Hope this helps.
e45 is brilliant its the harsh cold weather thats causing it. and it can be worn under foundation. its a little greasy though so give a good few minutes for it to soak in before applying foundation.
I always used to swear by Nivea - or in the winter would look out for the skin protectors they aim at the skiing market. These usually include a wind protector.

No comments:

Post a Comment