Thursday, December 31, 2009

Can face cream that is for oily to oily combination skin cause acne breakouts?

i have combination skin that is acne prone. i have been using an oil free moisturizer. it does not break my skin out but it seems my skin is developing lines, probably out of dryness. i am only 26. someone told me that my skin is probably breaking out and not responding to any med i have used bcoz it needs a good moisturizer. i am considering trying one that is for combo skin but not oil free....what do u think? i am thinking of clinique. plz let me know if u have any recommendations...


thanks!Can face cream that is for oily to oily combination skin cause acne breakouts?
Lines? As in Wrinkles? You probably have allergy from a component of your moisturizer or very dry skin. Oil free products may not be water based. Read the fine print, look for water-based. Clinique is okay though a bit expensive. Better priced is the VMV hypoallerginic line though I don't know if it's available where you live. I also have oily skin and I use a Vitamin E water based moisturizer.Can face cream that is for oily to oily combination skin cause acne breakouts?
This might sound crazy, but I've been using something called the OCM for the last two days and my skin has calmed down from breakouts and it's more moisturized, while at the same time less oily. OCM stands for Oil Cleaning Method. This is one link to it I've found with people talking about it http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/f45/ocm-oil-cleansing-method-51204.html


I'm using Coconut Oil because I like it. After I wash my face, it actually feels dry in a strange way. Pimples are going away and blackheads are coming out easily. This is new to me but so far so good! Might be something to try for at least a few days and it's on the cheap side for the ingredients. Good Luck!
If your face is prone to breakouts I would suggest a natural product with less chemicals. It is the combination of the oil and the chemicals that does it to you. Look into purely natural product lines instead of heavy chems.. it will clear up the dryness and not be so harsh on your skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment