Thursday, December 31, 2009

Can I replace my face cream with sunblock?

My face cream has an spf of 15 but I was thinking about just using sunblock since it has a greater spf. Would this make me break out if I use it continuously, especially if I apply make up on top of it? Is this a completely bad idea?Can I replace my face cream with sunblock?
SPF 15 really is plenty unless you are planning to be out all day in the sun.





If you need more protection, look for a sunscreen made especially for faces. Usually they are oil-free and non-comedegenic (don't clog pores).





If you wear foundation daily, there are also foundations that include an SPF, sometimes up to 15.





Whatever you use, remember that if you are out in the sun all day, re-apply your sunscreen every hour.Can I replace my face cream with sunblock?
I use mine all the time and I love it.
Why not just use a daily moisturizer with a higher spf? I use neutrogena moisturizer with 30 spf.
Protecting your skin from the sun is never a bad idea. Considering you can get skin cancer I think you are going to be fine with replacing your skin cream.
No, not at all a bad idea. You are thinking sensibly about your skin and sun damage!





Try using normal moisuriser first, then about 5 minutes later stick on the sun block and let that dry thoroughly before adding foundation.

No comments:

Post a Comment