Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Does anyone have a good face cream recommendation?

I'm 33 years old. My skin gets a bit dry, especially in the winter, but if I use the heavy creams for dry skin it will give me pimples. Maybe I am putting too much on or something.





I have a few light wrinkles on my forehead.





I want a great face cream to prevent aging and wrinkles. I am not sure where to start.





Is it a matter of just buying the most expensive bottle at the Estee lauder counter....or does someone have something better out there to recommend?Does anyone have a good face cream recommendation?
You really have to experiment. What works well for someone may not work for someone else. And expensive doesn't mean better. I've tried pretty much everything (unfortunately, I'm not exaggerating...) and although I like some better than others, price isn't what makes the difference.


I would use a treatment prior to the moisturizer cream though. Let it soak in a little before you put the moisturizer on. Neutrogena has ';intensive wrinkle serum'; which is pretty good, Clinique has ';repair treatment'; for face and another for eye area, Laura Mercier and Bobbi Brown have similar products which are more expensive but don't work as well for me. You can also buy a little bottle of hyaluronic acid serum and put a little of that on before moisturizer.


If you don't want the 2 step process though, Dr Hauschka has some really good moisturizers that don't seem to cause pimples - I really like Rose day cream. It's thick but just use a tiny bit.Does anyone have a good face cream recommendation?
I use Aveeno daily renewal with collodial oatmeal. It gives me the moisture I need while the collodial oatmeal keeps my skin balanced and prevents breakouts. There is also a formula that's for wrinkles too. The formula I use comes in a pump bottle and has a green label on it. And I buy this at Wal-Mart. You may also be able to purchase this at you drug store. I have another helpful tip, this and a dab of Benadryl cream mixed in the palm of your hand works well in the summer time to dry and heal thoes pesky mosquito bites too. This is my own little concoction and it's the best thing I have found that works. I am allergic to thoes things and it's like a miracle relife to me. I also use this to moisturize with after my showers too.
I am not really into expensive cosmetics. I can recommend to you a GRAPE WINE therapy for your face. Put ample grape wine to cotton pads (the amount of cotton pads is just enough to cover your face) leave them to your face for 15 to 20 min.


Massage the cotton pads on your face (upward movements) and rinse your face with high in moisturiser facial wash.





This will make your face more natural looking and smooth and not oily.
Kinerase is a good one. It's light and doesn't cause break-outs (my skin is acne prone too). It's pricey though, about $100. It's sold at Sephora, but if you get it at a medi-spa, they sometimes give discounts after your first purchase.
i love arbonne when it comes to dry and wrinkling skin.. it's a bit pricey and i hate the mlm system.. but frankly, their products are good.

No comments:

Post a Comment